I posted this question not because I don’t know the answer but wanted to know different view points.
Read the thread at pm.stackexchange.com.
More reading here.
This tool will help you to access to American and British pronunciation for the doubtful words without searching the internet.
I call this tool: TFD Pronounce
Download the application from here – from 4Shared
Download the application from here – from DropBox
Points to Note:
- When you invoke the application, the input box will auto-fill any text in the clipboard
- When you close the application, it will be minimized to system tray. Right click to exit the application
- This application uses TheFreeDictionary.com to play the pronunciation.
- Since it is a website and I use some crawling technique, this application will stop working any time when they change the website layout.
- The application is programmed using .NET Framework 4.0 under Visual Studio 2010. You might want to install .NET framework 4.0 to execute this applicaion
- If somebody needs source-code, please put a comment in this blog
Please provide your valuable comments.
If you are an English pronunciation learner, I recommend you to visit my past post on mis-pronounced words here.
This list is not final. Please contribute words.
Voice linked from TheFreeDictionary
It means “an estimate based on a mixture of guesswork and calculation”